Thursday, December 07, 2006

A new lesson in DVD buring

Last night only get to sleep at around 3am, then got to wake up at 7am for work. So effectively slept for <4 hours. So what have I been doing??? It's all be cos of my dvd burner lor. Trying to burning some stuff on the newly bought DVD+R discs, but somehow, it manage to burn successfully, but failed during the verification process. Study the log file, but can't determine what wrong, only see the KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR in all the unreadable sector. So goggle around trying to find a solution. But alas, this is the first time google failed me. None of the stuff I found actually relate my problem.

Played around the idea of flashing my dvd burner with the latest firmware, but the process seem tedious, need to mess around with mythfire's internal environment which I'm quite reluctant to do so... This will only be my last resort...

Then I remember something... in my previous burining adventures, I used DVD-R type of discs and nero did not set the booktype to DVD-ROM, but when I use the DVD+R, nero actually set it to DVD-ROM. So dig into my treasure chest, took out a burnt DVD and pop it into mythfire. Using the various nero tools, it's confirmed that those discs' booktype remain as DVD-R. A thought occurs to me that this might be what I'm looking for..... Messing around with nero's settings, I configure the booktype to be set according to the media's physical booktype and duno act smart suga suga auto set to DVD-ROM. And this time round, itworks liek magic. Pass the verification process.

No comments: