- On the day of the actual parade, I saw the curtain of fire from Sheares Bridge when the commandos were rappelling down the rope. I even recorded it as video on my camera lor. But hor during this encore, it's a perfect scene. There's no pyrotechnics at all throughout the commandos' performance. It really set me to wonder if this is really part of the actual parade, or is just a cut-and-paste from the preview. According to a report on 12th Aug 2007's Sunday Times Pg 8, it was reported in an article: "And except for a few timing hitches - the curtain of fire from Benjamin Sheares bridge overlapping with rappelling commandos - it went like clock-work".
- In this encore, the curtain of fire appears when a ship appears from beneath the bridge. I dun remember seeing this on the ground. But as I dun have any photo/evidence... I can't say anything much.
I did not watch/record the actual telecast on TV as I was on the ground and believe that the encore will just simply be the same as the one telecasted on the actual day. But now, I start to have doubts. It's perfectly ok to cut some of the actual scenes off in order to fit into the time slot (though this might give rise to some mis-understanding/ misconception as evidented in the BBC editing on a show featuring the British Queen). What I feel is totally unacceptable is to cut and paste something from somewhere else, and yet did not inform the viewers. Maybe the broadcaster did not expect there will be someone as bo liao as me bah.
Another question: Are encores used to cover up and correct any mistakes made?
No comments:
Post a Comment